A consistent rich flavor with lots of protein blended with your aromatics, such as garlic, ginger, and onion. Simply simmer to concentrate. This tomato coconut curry with cauliflower and chickpeas is made with simple ingredients and spices, so it will be easy to make and enjoy!
Tomato Coconut Curry With Cauliflower And Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Spice Paste:
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 28-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 dried chilis
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
To Make the Curry:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 2 cups green peas, frozen and defrosted
- Cooked brown rice and/or gluten-free naan, for serving
- Place onion through tomatoes in a blender. Process until smooth. Pour into a large pan and add spices. Sautée for 20-30 minutes to let the flavors combine, stir often.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Serve with gluten-free naan or cooked brown rice.
If you want this dish to be spicier, try dicing the dried red chilies and adding them back to the curry. If you can’t find whole dried chilies, try adding cayenne pepper to taste, starting with 1/8 teaspoon. The heat will continue to build the longer the curry sits.