Pesto is the best-o, and even more so when featured in this savory tomato galette! It's perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner, especially when served with a big green salad.
Tomato and Chard Pesto Galette [Vegan]
- 4 large (or 6 small) leaves of chard
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup roasted walnut or pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt, as needed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Grind the cashews in a food processor a little, leaving them still chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the olive oil, into the food processor and grind until you get a coarsely textured paste (You can adjust texture to your taste).
- Add the olive oil, pulse the food processor a few times to mix.
- Freeze the olive oil, putting half and half in two separate small containers.
- Place the flour and salt in a food possessor, pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the solid olive oil, pulse to break it apart into tiny pieces.
- Add the ice cold water, pulse until the mixture is crumbly. It will have a consistency to stick and hold together when squeezed.
- Transfer the dough on a dry surface. Give it a fat disk shape, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to chill for at least one hour, or for up to two days.
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Divide the dough into three pieces and roll them out.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the chard pesto and add the sliced tomatoes in the center.
- Fold the dough over the edges to form the galette shape.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes on wire rack before serving.