This dish is overly simple and loaded with rich umami flavor! You can enjoy it on its own or as a side dish with rice.
Tofu and Bean Sprout Braise [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 3/4-ounces firm tofu
- 8 3/4-ounces bean sprouts
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Deep fry tofu in hot oil until golden brown in color. Remove from oil, let it cool then cut into small cubes.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add cumin, turmeric, and cayenne then stir for 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and sliced tofu, bring to a boil then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and cook for a minute, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.