My kids love cookies and it’s so fun to make them together – it’s all about building fabulous memories in the kitchen with my family! And these cookies….they are just fresh and flavorful, a lovely little cookie that is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the form of a cookie. To be enjoyed with a big glass of non-dairy milk – milk mustache optional.
Thumbprint Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, sifted
- ½ cup jam of choice (I used half blueberry and half strawberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In large bowl, cream together the first 7 ingredients with a hand mixer. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sifted cassava flour to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon of dough on the prepared baking sheet and make a large thumbprint in the center of each cookies. Add 1 teaspoon of jam into each well.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make sure you use a very creamy peanut butter or these will be too dry.
- Cassava Flour