Who doesn't love a slice of pizza? Especially when it has a thin, crispy, and homemade gluten-free crust paired with spicy jalapeño, sun-dried tomato, and plenty of vegan cheese! If you've never made your own pizza crust, don't feel intimidated! This recipe makes it all easy.
Thin Crust Jalapeño Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Thin Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups, plus 1 tablespoon of plain gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 sachet of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup, plus 2 1/4 tablespoons of warm water
For the Topping:
- Tomato sauce
- Handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/2 jar of green jalapeños
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Vegan cheese of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in 3/4 cups of the flour along with the sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix together.
- Add the oil and water, then using an electric hand mixer beat until a dough forms. This will take a few minutes, then stir in the remaining flour.
- Wrap the pizza dough in cling film and pop into a bowl and allow to rest for 30-40 minutes. This helps to activate the yeast.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth & springy to touch.
- You can either roll out the dough or place it onto a floured pizza tray and press it down until it touches the edges. If you want the pizza to be extra crispy, you can pre-cook the base for around 5 minutes before adding the toppings.
- Spread on the tomato sauce and top off with spinach, sliced tomatoes, jalapeños, sun-dried tomatoes, and vegan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes — check frequently to make sure the crust doesn't burn!