This Good Heart Salad with Vegan Cashew Cheese tastes the best in the summer when the vegetables are fresh from your local farmer’s market or vegetable stand.
The Good Heart Salad with Vegan Cashew Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For The Salad:
- 4 cups mixed fresh greens and herbs any combination of arugula, spinach, baby kale, chard, basil, parsley
- 8 leafs Romain lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup shelled baby peas or green peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
For Vegan Cheese:
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 4h or cashew pulp (leftover from nut milk)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
For The Topping:
- 1/4 cup raw sprouted fruit & nut mix (combination of cashews, pumpkin seeds, mulberries, raisins, and goji berries)
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup prunes dried plums, soaked for at least 10 min
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup hemp oil or extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of filtered water if you prefer a thinner consistency
Make The Vegan Cheese:
- Add the soaked cashews/pulp, apple cider vinegar lemon juice, water, and sea salt to a food processor. Pulse a few times and then process for 4-5 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides as needed.
Make The Dressing:
- Combine all ingredients (except water) in a blender and puree until smooth.
- If you prefer a thinner, more pourable dressing, add a tablespoon or two of filtered water and blend.
- Wash and pat dry all your vegetables. Place the cut greens and Romain lettuce into a large bowl.
- Top with sweet corn, green peas, and tomatoes.
- Take about 1/2 cup of the vegan cheese into your hands and with your fingers drop little pieces on top of the greens. (Rest of the cheese can be stored in the fridge for unto 5 days)
- Sprinkle the fruit/nut mix on top of your salad.
- Serve with a generous amount of dressing.