This thai noodle sauce with creamy peanut sauce is the perfect side dish for a party!
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 16 ounces (dry) noodles of choice (rice, soba, etc.)
- 4–6 cups sliced veggies of choice (bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, broccoli, etc.)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews or peanuts, chopped
- Cilantro for garnish
For the Sauce:
- 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup warm water
- 4–6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Wash your veggies and slice then into long, thin, strips. I like to use a mandolin for the cabbage to make it easier.
- When the pasta is done cooking, rinse it with cold water and add it into a large serving bowl.
- Add in the veggies and stir together.
- Make your sauce by mincing the garlic and then whisking all remaining ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Adjust seasonings as desired or add more water to thin it out.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta using as much or as little as you like.
- Top with fresh cilantro, scallions, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Peanut Butter