A very easy and healthy Vegan Thai Noodle Salad with the very best peanut sauce. Made with chickpea pasta; it's protein packed, gluten-free and healthy.
Thai Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 5 cups chickpea pasta
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large pot bring water to boil. Add a generous pinch of sea salt and pour in pasta. Cook chickpea pasta until just al-dente (about 3 minutes. Pasta will continue to cook as it cools).
- Strain pasta and rinse with cold water. Place back in pot, drizzle with sesame oil and stir gently. Cover with a tea towel and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add shredded cabbage, carrots, chopped cucumber, and onions. Add cooked pasta.
- Prepare peanut sauce in a small bowl by whisking together peanut butter, water, rice vinegar, tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic and cayenne.
- Pour peanut sauce over pasta salad and mix gently to combine. Sprinkle with green onion, peanuts, and cilantro. Mix again.
Pasta salad will keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Peanut Butter