The ingredients list is long, but this recipe requires hardly any effort to make and it's even easier to eat. Whole grain pasta is tossed with crisp, fresh vegetables and a creamy Thai curry-inspired dressing. Save the leftover dressing for your weekly lunches — you'll want it.
Thai Curry Pasta Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup dry coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
For the Salad:
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 cups ancient grain pasta, boiled and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped baby corn
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- Heat a saucepan and combine all the dressing ingredients, except salt and lime juice.
- Let it boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When it slightly thickens and coconut flakes are visible on the surface, turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend the dressing in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing into a bowl and mix in salt and lime juice. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss in the dressing. Serve.
The dressing recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.