take out may be one of your favorite meals, but it can get expensive and typically it’s not going to be the most health meal you’ve ever eaten. So if you’re looking for an amazing vegan alternative to your favorite take out menu out check out this recipe!
Teriyaki Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Aminos or Tamari
- 2 tablespoon Maple Syrup or Liquid Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- Sesame Seeds and Green Onion to Garnish
- Start by cutting your tofu into cubes or any size piece you prefer.
- While the tofu is cooking you can start making the sauce. In a sauce pan over medium to high heat add the water, liquid aminos, maple syrup, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and onion. Give it a whisk until everything is combined.
- In a small bowl add the tapioca flour and a little bit of water and whisk it to create a slurry. Once all the tapioca is is mixed add it to the sauce pan.
- Once you add the slurry stir continuously because it will start to thicken very quickly. Once it reaches your desired consistency remove from heat and stir in the tofu
- Serve over steamed rice and veggies and top with sesame seeds and green onions and enjoy!