Who’s ready to try a BIG bite of this teriyaki tofu goodness? Hand raised up real high! This teriyaki tofu bowl recipe with cauliflower rice combines protein, vegetables, and a delectable savory sauce for a healthier low-carb dinner. Each piece of lightly crisp and tender tofu glazed with savory sauce is super satisfying. Feel free to toss in your favorite veggies, too!
Quick High-Protein Teriyaki, Tofu, and Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quick High-Protein Teriyaki, Tofu, and Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 12-ounce package extra firm tofu extra firm
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced, divided
- 1/3 cup, low-sodium soy sauce or tamari, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, about 1 large head, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
How to Prepare Quick High-Protein Teriyaki, Tofu, and Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Teriyaki Tofu:
- Drain tofu and dry with paper towels. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch thick slices, then cut into triangles. Arrange tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Cover with additional towels, lightly press and allow to dry for about 10 minutes. In the meanwhile, make the teriyaki sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sweetener, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook half of the tofu for 2 minutes, until golden brown and slightly crisp. Turn over and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining tofu triangles, adding a little more oil if needed.
- Whisk the teriyaki sauce and add to the non-stick pan. Allow to come to a boil and cook for about 1 minute until thickened, whisking the entire time. Add in tofu, stir to coat and turn off heat. Cover to keep warm.
To Make the Cauliflower Rice:
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower rice and stir fry for another minute.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring every few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and stir to combine. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper as desired. Cover until ready to serve.
- Equally portion out cauliflower rice, top with teriyaki tofu, top with sesame seeds, and green onions. Serve with additional vegetables if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.