Who’s ready to try a BIG bite of this teriyaki tofu goodness? Hand raised up real high! This teriyaki tofu bowl recipe with cauliflower rice combines protein, vegetables, and a delectable savory sauce for a healthier low-carb dinner. Each piece of lightly crisp and tender tofu glazed with savory sauce is super satisfying. Feel free to toss in your favorite veggies, too!
Quick High-Protein Teriyaki, Tofu, and Cauliflower Rice Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 12-ounce package extra firm tofu extra firm
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced, divided
- 1/3 cup, low-sodium soy sauce or tamari, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, about 1 large head, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
To Make the Teriyaki Tofu:
- Drain tofu and dry with paper towels. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch thick slices, then cut into triangles. Arrange tofu in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Cover with additional towels, lightly press and allow to dry for about 10 minutes. In the meanwhile, make the teriyaki sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons sweetener, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Cook half of the tofu for 2 minutes, until golden brown and slightly crisp. Turn over and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining tofu triangles, adding a little more oil if needed.
- Whisk the teriyaki sauce and add to the non-stick pan. Allow to come to a boil and cook for about 1 minute until thickened, whisking the entire time. Add in tofu, stir to coat and turn off heat. Cover to keep warm.
To Make the Cauliflower Rice:
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower rice and stir fry for another minute.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring every few minutes. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and stir to combine. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper as desired. Cover until ready to serve.
- Equally portion out cauliflower rice, top with teriyaki tofu, top with sesame seeds, and green onions. Serve with additional vegetables if desired.