This rich peanut red tempeh curry is vegan, gluten free and makes a great light healthy dinner or lunch option.
Tempeh Peanut Thai Red Curry [Vegan]
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- A thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 5 1/4 ounces Chopped Tempeh
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can of full fat coconut milk
- 5 1/4 ounces baby spinach or chopped kale
- Handful of Sugar Snap peas or Mangetout
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Salt to taste
- TO SERVE: Basmati rice, A handful salted peanuts, A handful coriander, A squeeze of lime
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan and place on a medium heat. Add the chopped shallots, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the shallots start to brown.
- Add the curry paste and give it a good stir, then add the Tempeh Pieces and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas, coconut milk and peanut butter, mix everything together, put the lid on and cook for a further 10 minutes until you have a creamy sauce.
- Add the baby spinach or chopped kale, stir everything one last time and simmer for 1 more minute or until the greens have wilted. Season to taste with salt.
- Top with any nuts, coriander and lime and serve with rice or quinoa.