A dish that replicates chicken to top off any meal! This savory, protein-packed seitan bake is perfect for holiday parties.
‘Tastes Like Chicken’ Seitan [Vegan]
To Make the Seitan:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
To Make the Broth:
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Whisk olive oil and vegetable broth together; add dry ingredients. Stir until you have a tacky dough ball.
- Remove dough and knead thoroughly, then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add broth ingredients to stockpot and stir thoroughly. Bring just to a rolling boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Make three separate loaves out of dough and add to stockpot, covering it partially. Let cook for 55 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally. Seitan will expand slightly.
- Drain seitan and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Seitan (Plant Protein)