A dish that replicates chicken to top off any meal! This savory, protein-packed seitan bake is perfect for holiday parties.
‘Tastes Like Chicken’ Seitan [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for ‘Tastes Like Chicken’ Seitan [Vegan]
To Make the Seitan:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
To Make the Broth:
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
How to Prepare ‘Tastes Like Chicken’ Seitan [Vegan]
- Whisk olive oil and vegetable broth together; add dry ingredients. Stir until you have a tacky dough ball.
- Remove dough and knead thoroughly, then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add broth ingredients to stockpot and stir thoroughly. Bring just to a rolling boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Make three separate loaves out of dough and add to stockpot, covering it partially. Let cook for 55 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally. Seitan will expand slightly.
- Drain seitan and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Seitan (Plant Protein)
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per loaf: Calories: 537 | Carbs: 23 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 79 g | Sodium: 1,713 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.