These Tahini Cookies are so delicious! They are such a fun treat to make when you want a cookie that is a bit more creative than the classic chocolate chip!
Tahini Cookies [Vegan]
- 4.58 ounces self-raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2.1 ounces coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
- 1.58 ounces tahini, well-stirred
- 1.35 ounces water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4.23 ounces light brown sugar
- 3.52 ounces chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, to top
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the coconut oil, tahini, water, and vanilla. Then add in the sugar and mix until evenly combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in all of the chocolate chunks.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper. Portion the cookie dough into 12 balls and place 6 on each baking tray.
- Bake one pan at a time for 12 minutes, until the edges have set but the centers are still gooey. Remove from the oven then sprinkle some flaked sea salt onto the cookies.
- Let the cookies cool until they are firm.