You may be used to using tahini frequently in your savory dishes and dressings. However, the sesame seed paste can also be used like other nut butters in baking and dessert-making! Don't believe us? This tahini cookie dough ice cream will convince you of tahini's unique versatility. Tahini is the base for the cookie dough chunks that can be found throughout the creamy coconut-based ice cream.
Tahini Cookie Dough Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ice Cream:
- 4 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk, full-fat
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1/4 cup creamy tahini or other nut/seed butter
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Mix all cookie dough ingredients by hand except for coconut oil and chips. Once you have a sticky consistency, add the oil and mix again. You should now have a cookie dough consistency. Add the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Using a high speed blender or food processor blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until you have a very creamy and soft serve consistency.
- Immediately transfer ice cream to a bowl and mix with 3/4 cookie dough mixture until incorporated. Serve on your favorite cup and top with leftover cookie dough.