One creamy pasta dish enriched by the royally delicious Chanterelle mushrooms. This pasta dish is aromatic, flavourful and filling. The thin tagliolini pasta is smothered in the savoury sauce filled with lots of delicious meaty Chanterelle mushrooms, making it the perfect weeknight meal.
Tagliolini Pasta with Creamy Chanterelle Mushrooms Sauce [Vegan]
For the Pasta:
- 2 lbs (907 g) – chanterelle mushrooms
- 7.1 oz (200 g or one pack) – org fresh tagliolini
- pasta (or preferred vegan pasta)
- 1 medium – shallot
- 1/2 cup (115 ml) + 1 tbsp (15 ml) – org veggie stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) – org coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) – arrowroot flour (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) – org coconut aminos (or tamari sauce)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (10 g) – salt (himalayan or celtic)
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) – org Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) – org onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) – black (or white) truffle powder
For the Garnish:
- fresh Italian parsley (or flat leaf parsley)
- Clean the chanterelle mushrooms one hour previous to cooking and let them dry on clean kitchen towel.
- Clean the mushrooms one by one by brushing them (with a mushroom brush or other kitchen brush for clearning veggies only) under lukewarm water – low flow. Use as little water possible– just to remove the dirt between the pores of the mushrooms. Lay each clean mushroom on top of a clean kitchen town and let dry for one hour (or until ready to prep your meal).
- When ready to prep your meal, DO NOT cut the mushrooms with a knife but start ripping each apart by pulling the flesh in the direction of the pores.Do not worry about the size, just pull the flesh apart into smaller sizes depending on the size of each mushroom.
- On the stove, in a medium-sized pot add and saute at medium heat 325° F (162°C):
- cleaned and diced shallot
- coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- Saute and stir for up to 1-2 minutes, until the shallots are slighthly caramelized.
- Add the half cup (115 ml) of veggie stock, ripped mushroom flesh, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, Italian seasoning and onion powder, and black truffle powder (optional).
- Let simmer at low heat 95° F (35°C) for about 8 minutes. Cover pot with a lid (recommended).