This tabbouleh salad burger is a twist on the classic! You can add the tabbouleh to the burger or you can simply enjoy it on its own!
Tabbouleh Salad Burger [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tabbouleh Salad Burger [Vegan]
For the Tabbouleh:
- 3 cups (705 ml) water
- 1 cup (176 g) uncooked bulgur wheat
- 3 cups (180 g) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced (about 2 cups [270 g])
- 1 cup (180 g) diced tomatoes (approx. 2 seeded tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup (12 g) finely chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
For the Burgers:
- 1 recipe Tabbouleh Salad (above)
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons (24 g) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sesame oil (optional)
How to Prepare Tabbouleh Salad Burger [Vegan]
For the Tabblouleh:
- Bring the water, lightly salted, to a boil. Add the bulgur wheat, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, mint, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooled bulgur and mix thoroughly.
- Stop here and you have a perfectly good tabbouleh salad. You don’t have to make it into burgers.
For the Burgers:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the flour and cornstarch to the Tabbouleh Salad mixture. Knead until well incorporated. If your mixture is too wet, add a little more flour. Form into 10 patties.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until firm and just beginning to brown.
- You can eat them just like this, but they get extra yummy if you panfry them in a little sesame oil after you bake them, just to get a little golden crispy crust! Alternatively, use your Air-Fryer at 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.