Looking for a delicious new treat? These miso caramel dark chocolate cups are insanely addicting! The combination of salty miso, sweet date, and bitter chocolate go amazing together. They're rich, chocolatey, salty-yet-sweet, bite-sized, easy-to-make... are you sold on these butter cups yet?! Simply blend the ingredients, pour the liquid into moulds, and pop 'em in the freezer!
Sweet and Salty Miso Caramel Dark Chocolate Cups [Vegan]
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided into two batches
- 1 cup fresh Medjool dates, or dry ones soaked until plump
- 4 tablespoons white miso paste
- Juice from 1/4 of 1 lime
- A pinch of salt plus more for topping
- Melt half of the chocolate over a water bath, making sure that the bowl covers the pot completely and there is no steam coming out (water will make the chocolate coagulate).
- Brush the insides of muffin cases with the chocolate, stroking upwards. Another way of doing this is to put a tablespoon of chocolate in a mold and swirl around the edges. Place the cases in the freezer to set for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the miso caramel, add the miso paste, dates, lime juice, salt, and 2 tablespoons of water in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If necessary add a couple of more tablespoons of water.
- Take the muffin cases out of the freezer and place a tablespoon of miso caramel in each. Melt the remaining chocolate and fill up the cups, sprinkle some flaky sea salt on top, then place in the freezer again for 15 minutes. Keep in the refrigerator after that.