Cauliflower gets some Spanish-inspired flair in this easy roasted vegetable dish. The flavorful combination of turmeric, saffron, and roasted red peppers really makes it something special! You can serve this as a side dish or as part of an assortment of tapas.
Sweet Saffron Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1-2 pinches saffron threads
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower and red peppers and set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining the turmeric, saffron, water, garlic, syrup, and oil in a saucepan and heat over low for approximately 3-4 minutes. Stir until the turmeric, garlic and saffron become fragrant. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer the sliced veggies to a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Shake until veggies are coated and spread out on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until golden brown, turning over the vegetables once halfway through baking time. Serve as a side or as tapas!