Cauliflower gets some Spanish-inspired flair in this easy roasted vegetable dish. The flavorful combination of turmeric, saffron, and roasted red peppers really makes it something special! You can serve this as a side dish or as part of an assortment of tapas.
Sweet Saffron Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Saffron Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1-2 pinches saffron threads
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Sweet Saffron Roasted Cauliflower and Peppers [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop cauliflower and red peppers and set aside.
- Make the sauce by combining the turmeric, saffron, water, garlic, syrup, and oil in a saucepan and heat over low for approximately 3-4 minutes. Stir until the turmeric, garlic and saffron become fragrant. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Transfer the sliced veggies to a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Shake until veggies are coated and spread out on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until golden brown, turning over the vegetables once halfway through baking time. Serve as a side or as tapas!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.