This sweet potato veggie plate is super delicious and satisfying while being full of essential nutrients. All the colors and textures satisfy your mind and leave you fully satisfied. Fill your plate with nutrient-dense plants and you will feel energized from this flavorful goodness.
Sweet Potato Veggie Plate [Vegan]
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dash of unrefined salt
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed or boiled
- Steamed greens of choice such as swiss chard or collard greens
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Wash sweet potatoes and chop them lengthwise into wedges. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and top with the sliced sweet potatoes.
- Bake for around 45-60 minutes depending on the oven. If you insert a fork, the sweet potatoes should be soft and not starchy in the middle with slightly crisp edges.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, prepare the avocado mash and steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes, adding the greens for the last 5 minutes. Once everything has finished cooking, add everything to a plate and drizzle the sweet potatoes with the almond butter and maple syrup.
If using an efficient oven that cooks quickly, check the sweet potatoes after about 45 minutes. If using a slower oven, check on the sweet potatoes after about 50-60 minutes.
- Sweet Potato