Sweet potato brownies. We know it probably sounds weird at first, but trust us, sweet potato lends an amazing creaminess to brownies and with enough chocolate, you don't taste it one bit! These brownies also include tahini, almond milk, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, and plenty of cacao. Enjoy them plain or top them with your favorite frosting.
Sweet Potato Tahini Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, puréed
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- Steam or boil your sweet potato, drain, and leave to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 347°F and line a small brownie pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor, add in the potatoes and all the other ingredients.
- Mix until very well combined.
- Spoon into your pan and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.