Sweetened with maple syrup and spiced with cinnamon, this oatmeal is out of this world! The sweet potato pairs perfectly with the crunchy & sweet pecan topping. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a generous spoonful of peanut butter. This Sweet Potato Pecan Baked Oatmeal is a great breakfast to save for the rest of the week. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge and warm up in the microwave or stovetop for a couple of minutes. A perfect serving of pecans in every bite. You may think that putting sweet potato in oatmeal is a bit of odd. But with the right pairing of sweetness from the maple syrup and spice from the cinnamon..it’s simply delicious!
Sweet Potato Pecan Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
For the Baked Oatmeal:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet potato, mashed
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Pecan Topping:
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine all oatmeal ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Pour into an 8×8 baking dish. In a separate smaller bowl, toss pecans in coconut oil and sugar. Sprinkle pecans over the oatmeal. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 9 equal servings. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.