Bring some summer feeling into your kitchen with these sweet potato Hawaii burgers. The sweet potato in the patty and the roasted pineapple add a lovely sweet touch, while the arugula balances everything out quite nicely. Find this recipe in Bianca Haun & Sascha Naderer’s The Veginner’s Cookbook through Skyhorse Publishing!
Sweet Potato Hawaii Burger [Vegan]
For the Sweet Potato Patties:
- 1 and 1/2 cups sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices of canned pineapple
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 homemade burger buns
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the cooked sweet potato in a bowl and mash. Add the sunflower seeds, rolled oats, parsley, and salt. Mix well. Let the mixture cool off until cold enough to handle.
- Form 4 patties and transfer them to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray with oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, flipping them once after 15 minutes.
- Grill the pineapple in an electric grill or in a pan.
- Add arugula to the burger bun, followed by the sweet potato patty and grilled pineapple.