This thick and creamy soup is all plant-based, making it a healthy and delicious meal that will help you reach your daily quota of veggies. Sweet potato is great for flavor and helps to make it nice and thick along with the corn. The combination of the two gives the soup its wow factor. The sweetness of the veggies combined with the saltiness of the stock can't be underestimated.
Sweet Potato, Broccolini, and Corn Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2-3 bunches of broccolini or 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup coconut water or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- Water, as needed
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Roughly chop the sweet potato and broccoli/broccolini then add to a large saucepan with the oil and allow the vegetable to get warm and start to brown. Do the same with onion and garlic if using.
- Add the corn, coconut water/milk, stock powder, aminos, herbs, and cumin. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Allow it to cook for about 10 minutes then blend in a blender until smooth and creamy. If you want the soup to be thinner then add the water to achieve there consistency you like.
- You can then add it back to the saucepan to reheat if you wish.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt, a sprinkle of dukkah, salt, and freshly cracked pepper.