The nice thing about this smoothie bowl is that it's thick enough to support some deliciously textured superfoods on top: in this version, raw cacao, bee pollen and hemp seeds. Of course, you could add on whatever you like: goji berries, fresh fruit, coconut, nuts, homemade granola, whatever speaks to you.
Superpower Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 cup of organic kale
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 handful ice
- 1/2 frozen plantain (look for a dark brown or black one; uber-ripe is the only way to eat plantains raw)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic cucumber
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 cashews
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of turmeric
- For garnish: raw cacao, hemp seeds, bee pollen, goji berries, etc.
- Combine all ingredients a blender except ice and plantain. Blend until smooth, about 45 seconds. Pieces of kale should be fully incorporated/ not fibrous.
- Add plantain and ice and blend another 30 seconds until even. If your smoothie bowl is a little too runny, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes to become the consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Garnish with whatever you like and serve!