The nice thing about this smoothie bowl is that it's thick enough to Support some deliciously textured superfoods on top: in this version, raw cacao, bee pollen and hemp seeds. Of course, you could add on whatever you like: goji berries, fresh fruit, coconut, nuts, homemade granola, whatever speaks to you.
Superpower Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Superpower Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 cup of organic kale
- 1 cup of organic spinach
- 1 handful ice
- 1/2 frozen plantain (look for a dark brown or black one; uber-ripe is the only way to eat plantains raw)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic cucumber
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 cashews
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of turmeric
- For garnish: raw cacao, hemp seeds, bee pollen, goji berries, etc.
How to Prepare Superpower Smoothie Bowl [Vegan]
- Combine all ingredients a blender except ice and plantain. Blend until smooth, about 45 seconds. Pieces of kale should be fully incorporated/ not fibrous.
- Add plantain and ice and blend another 30 seconds until even. If your smoothie bowl is a little too runny, pop it in the freezer for 10 minutes to become the consistency of frozen yogurt.
- Garnish with whatever you like and serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.