These beautiful no-bake dessert bars taste as good as they look. Each layer is luxurious, creamy, and packed full of blueberries, strawberries, and spinach. But, don't panic, you don't taste the leafy green; it's just for color. No-bake dessert bars are the perfect healthy treat for a busy lifestyle because when a sweet tooth hits, you can just grab one and go on to your next errand. They're also great for parties because not only are they delicious, but they're also aesthetically pleasing! Everyone will be asking about and complimenting your no-bake dessert recipe! Make sure to grab one before they're all gone!
No-Bake Berry and Spinach Cashew Cream Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Berry and Spinach Cashew Cream Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dates, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon water
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy milk
- 6 tablespoons agave
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups strawberries, roughly chopped and divided
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons blueberries
How to Prepare No-Bake Berry and Spinach Cashew Cream Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Line the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle. Place the cashews (for the crust) into a large food processor and pulse them until they're broken down and crumbly.Add in the dates and pulse them until they're combined and the mixture begins to form a crumbly dough.
- Pour the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan, adding the water to help it stick together. Press this firmly into the pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place it in the freezer while you begin your next step.
To Make the Bars:
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them, along with the milk, agave, and a pinch of salt, into a large, high-powered blender.
- Blend them until they're smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large liquid measuring cup. You should have about 2 1/2 cups of cream.
- Place just over 3/4 cup (or 1/3 of the total amount) of the cream into a small food processor along with 1 cup of the strawberries, reserving the rest for later.
- Blend this until it's smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour the cream over the crust and spread it out evenly. Place this into the freezer just until the top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once it's set, add another just over 3/4 cup of the cream to the small food processor, along with the spinach.
- Blend this until it's smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour this over the strawberry layer and spread it out gently.
- Place this into the freezer just until the top feels set, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Finally, pour all the remaining cashew cream (should be just over 3/4 cup) into the small food processor again, adding the remaining strawberries and the blueberries.
- Blend this until it's smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed. Pour it over the spinach and spread out gently.
- Cover the pan with tinfoil and freeze it until it's completely firm and set, about 4 hours to overnight.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.