In half an hour I made this curry and even had time to take some photos. I tell you, it comes together that fast. I used green curry paste for this, but you can use either red or green curry paste and it will still be great. Use whatever veggies you have available and you have a delicious dinner in a flash.
Super Quick Thai Curry [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced raw potato
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup green beans (raw)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- a good pinch of sea salt
- Thai or serrano chilies
- lemon juice
- Sauté the onion over medium heat in coconut oil until smooth and shiny looking. There's no need to cook them until they brown, you're just going for translucent.
- When the onion is cooked, add the coconut milk and curry paste and dissolve the paste well. Try it, and add more curry to taste. I always start with a scoop and I'll put more in slowly until it's to my liking.
- Add the vegetables and half a cup of water. Add a good pinch of salt, cover and leave until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Serve up on a bed of rice or thai noodles, top with cilantro, chili slices and lemon juice.
You can use coconut milk low fat or normal (full fat).