This hearty pasta dish is surprising for two reasons – it's incredibly easy to make and this plant-based version of a bolognese tastes better than the traditional version. The sauce is made from sundried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil and then toss that over the pasta with some sautéed mushrooms to complete this tasty soon-to-be favorite meal.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Mushroom Bolognese Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8.8 ounces gluten-free penne pasta, (or any other you prefer, like grain-free pasta)
- 7 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 8.8 ounces White Button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ounce fresh basil
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil (depends on the consistency you are aiming to get) plus more for cooking the mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to its package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a frying pan with around one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms with the two minced garlic cloves, for around 8 minutes on a medium heat.
- In a blender add the sun-dried tomatoes with the one garlic clove, olive oil, and basil.
- Blend this until you get a sauce-like consistency.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the mushrooms and sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Serve the dish with some fresh basil.