This vegan take on the classic macaroni salad is perfect for picnics, the beach, lunch, dinner, you name it. This is better than your favorite deli macaroni salad with the addition of some serious flavor and of course healthy ingredients to make you feel better about eating pasta. Whip up this recipe if the thought of cooking in the hot weather makes you sweat.
Summer’s End Black Bean and Corn Macaroni Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Macaroni Salad:
- 2 cups dried macaroni noodles (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup onion, diced small
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen corn, briefly thawed with warm water
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill, to taste (optional)
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Cook your macaroni as per directions on package.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain well and set aside.
- Chop all your veggies and prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Make your dressing by combining the mayonnaise, pressed garlic, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add all of your chopped veggies, beans, and other mix-ins to a large bowl and pour the mixed dressing on top. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh dill to taste (optional).
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.