This deconstructed summer sushi bowl contains some of the most refreshing ingredients typically found in sushi. Mango is the true star in this dish, although it has a few close runner-ups like the vegan spicy mayonnaise drizzle and the kimchi. The flavors and textures of the ingredients of this dish mesh very well together and can easily be turned into sushi rolls instead of a sushi bowl if that’s what you’re in the mood for.
Summer Kimchi Sushi Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Summer Kimchi Sushi Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup rice, cooked (any type works)
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup homemade kimchi or store-bought
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- sesame seeds, to taste
For the Spicy Mayonnaise Drizzle:
- 1 block of medium firm tofu, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Summer Kimchi Sushi Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Blend all of the mayo ingredients until very smooth and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Cook the rice as per the package’s instructions.
- Cut and prep all the vegetables and the mango.
- Assemble the bowl as you want.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.