This deconstructed summer sushi bowl contains some of the most refreshing ingredients typically found in sushi. Mango is the true star in this dish, although it has a few close runner-ups like the vegan spicy mayonnaise drizzle and the kimchi. The flavors and textures of the ingredients of this dish mesh very well together and can easily be turned into sushi rolls instead of a sushi bowl if that’s what you’re in the mood for.
Summer Kimchi Sushi Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup rice, cooked (any type works)
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup homemade kimchi or store-bought
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- sesame seeds, to taste
For the Spicy Mayonnaise Drizzle:
- 1 block of medium firm tofu, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend all of the mayo ingredients until very smooth and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Cook the rice as per the package’s instructions.
- Cut and prep all the vegetables and the mango.
- Assemble the bowl as you want.