This amazing summer soup with spicy mint sauce is the best way to use up your summer greens! Delicious, nutritious, and the perfect meal.
Summer Greens Vichyssoise With Spicy Mint Sauce [Vegan]
- 2 leeks, sliced and cleaned (i like to soak them in a bowl of cold water and let the dirt fall to the bottom)
- 2 garlic scapes, sliced/diced
- 1/2 pound of FRESH PEAS, rinsed
- handful of kale
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- splish splash of olive oil
- 1 seedless english cucumber
- half an avocado
- salt/pepper to taste
Spicy Mint Sauce:
- bunch of fresh mint, aim for 1 cup
- bunch of parsley, aim for 1/2 cup
- 1 garlic scape, diced
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 thai green chili pepper
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- To make the minty sauce, put everything into a blender and blitz it till completely smooth. can be kept in clean container for up to a week.
- To make the soup, in a large saucepan head up the olive oil. add in the leeks and garlic scape and season with salt/pepper. Saute til the leeks are soft. Add in half a can of coconut milk and bring up a gentle simmer. Turn off heat and add in the peas and kale, mix through til the kale is wilted and lid it.
- Allow the soup to cool sufficiently before blitzing either with a handheld immersion blender or in the blender until smooth. add in the cucumber and avocado, and blitz it some more. Depending on how thick you want the soup, it may be fine as is, or you can add a ladleful of water/veg stock. Season to taste.