This summer fruit tart is so easy to make; it's completely gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and is super flexible in terms of toppings. Once you’ve tried it, you'll be hooked on its creamy cashew filling. It'll quickly become your number one go-to special occasion dessert. Top it with different seasonal fruit each time, and you've almost got an entirely new recipe.
Summer Fruit Tart With Creamy Cashew Filling [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A large pinch of sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 2 hours, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 cup rice or almond milk
- 1/2 lemon, juice, and flesh
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
For the Topping:
- Any combination of seasonal fruit
- Blend the base ingredients in a food processor until combined, but still with some texture. It should hold together between your fingers.
- Press into a tart tin lined with clear wrap, then pop in the freezer to firm.
- Blend filling ingredients, except coconut oil and cacao butter, in a blender until silky smooth. Then add coconut oil and cacao butter and blend again until combined. Pour into a tart tin and put it in the refrigerator to set overnight.
- Top with your choice of fruit in the morning, then return to the refrigerator to re-firm for at least 1 hour (or more) before serving.