Spicy daikon radish stands in for rice paper wraps in this refreshing wrap recipe. Crisp, thinly sliced daikon is stuffed with shiso (a Japanese herb that tastes similar to basil), cucumber, avocado, sprouts, and mint. Then, it's drizzled with an umami sauce before being rolled up and garnished with black sesame seeds and a touch of yuzu citrus fruit juice.
Summer Daikon Rolls with Avocado and Micro Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Summer Daikon Rolls with Avocado and Micro Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated galangal
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large daikon radish, sliced thinly into 12 long strips
- 12 shiso leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon snow pea shoots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon radish sprouts
- 2 tablespoons yuzu juice
- Black sesame seeds, to garnish
How to Prepare Summer Daikon Rolls with Avocado and Micro Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a bowl, whisk together the tamari, rice vinegar, galangal, and lemon juice and set aside.
- Layout the daikon sheets on a tray or work surface. Place 1 shiso leaf on each daikon sheet.
- Mix the avocado, cucumber, snow pea shoots, and mint in a bowl. Stir in the lemon dressing. Divide the mixture equally among the daikon sheets, positioning the mix at one end of each length. Roll up each daikon sheet tightly, pushing the roll away from you.
- Transfer the rolls to a serving plate, garnish with the sprouts, and use a tablespoon to sprinkle the yuzu juice over the top.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.