This berry banana bread is soft, sweet, and is the perfect summer-time snack or breakfast. The berries give a great sweet, tart, brightness that you would not normally associate with banana bread. The texture is perfectly browned on the outside but so soft and gooey in the center. Plus, it's made with just a few, healthy ingredients and is incredibly easy to make.
5-Ingredient Sugar-Free Berry Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cup whole grain gluten-free oats, ground into flour
- 1 1/2 cups ripe, mashed banana
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed in a small bowl with 6 tablespoons water, set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to mixing into batter)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oat flour, mashed banana, flax eggs, and almond milk until thoroughly combined.
- In a sprayed or nonstick loaf pan, put in about 1/3 of the batter and drop some fresh berries on top.
- Repeat the last step, adding more batter and berries, until both are gone.
- Bake the banana bread for 40 minutes, until it's golden on top and doesn't feel too soft in the center.
- Let the banana bread cool for at least 30 minutes before attempting to slice it.