Decadent beet brownies made into little bites; a perfect treat for a special occasion or just anytime! These brownie bites are egg-free, made with wholesome ingredients, and are truly delicious! These bites are super moist and chocolatey inside, has zero beet taste (just gives a lovely red velvet color) and easy to take to your loved ones; or to share at work!
Beet Brownie Bites [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 1/2 cup beet purée (about 2 beets, see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (or sub cocoa powder), plus more for dusting
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate (optional)
- Powder sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 24 mini-cupcake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside to sit for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes sticky.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, beet purée, and flaxseed mixture until incorporated.
- To break up any clumps in the dry ingredients, carefully sift the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cacao powder in the mixing bowl. Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until incorporated. Add in (optional) chopped walnuts and/or chopped chocolate and mix until coated.
- Add 1 teaspoon of brownie mixture to each hole of the cupcake pan. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place the brownie bites on a rack to cool. Eat as is or sift powder sugar and/or cacao powder on top before eating.