Avocado and this crispy bruschetta recipe go wonderfully well together! The pesto makes a plentiful amount, and leftover pesto also tastes excellent on pasta. For a creamy sauce, you can dilute it with some cooking water from the noodles.
Styrian Bruschetta [Vegan]
For The Pesto
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7-10 tablespoons water
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
For the Bruschette
- 1 baguette
- 1-2 avocados (depending on how much you want)
- Fresh rocket
- For the pesto, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree a soft mixture, adding enough water until the pesto has a spreadable consistency.
- For the bruschette, cut the baguette into small pieces and toast lightly.
- Finely dice the avocados.
- Spread some pesto on the bread and top with some pieces of avocado.
- Arrange the arugula on a plate and put the bruschetta on it, serve immediately.