Velvety, soft and creamy ice cream sandwiched between crunchy biscuits for a perfect sweet treat - what could be better? These stracciatella ice cream biscuits are nothing short of delicious.
Stracciatella Ice Cream Biscuit [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/4 cup Cold extracted sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vegan natural yeast
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup Cashews
- 1 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 4/5 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- About 1 1/2 ounces
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the cocoa butter in a bain-marie and bring it to room temperature. Knead all the biscuit ingredients like a pastry. The dough will be very crumbly. Place a cookie cutter of about 3 inches diameter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place about two tablespoons of dough into the cookie cutter, press it well with your fingertips, flatten it to a thickness of about 1/8 inch and make it uniform. Remove the cookie cutter and repeat with all the dough. Then place the cookies in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight). Bake in oven at 350°F for about 22 minutes. Remove them and let them cool completely without touching them (they are very fragile while cooling).
- For the ice cream: soak the cashews for 4 hours. Then drain and dry them. Warm the soy milk and melt the malt, add the vanilla, the pinch of salt and the coconut oil. Put the cashews in a mixer and blend them intermittently until they are reduced to a perfectly smooth cream with a few tablespoons of milk.
- When the mixture is perfectly smooth, add it to the rest of the liquid, mix well and put in the freezer for a few hours stirring occasionally to keep it creamy (if the ice cream should harden, put it in a mixer and work it intermittently making it creamy again).
- Add the chopped chocolate to the ice cream, spread it abundantly on the biscuit, top with the second biscuit and serve immediately.