This amazing vegan "steak" tartare packs all the flavor of a traditional meat-based tartare but uses an unsuspecting ingredient: rice cakes! This gluten and oil-free spread is ideal for a quick snack, as a sandwich filling, or to serve at parties…YUM!
Steak Tartare [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2.12 ounces puffed rice cakes, broken up into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4-1 cup boiling water
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water and begin mixing the ingredients together.
- Keep adding boiling water by the 1/4 cup until the texture looks piecey.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to let the moisture soak into the rice cakes.
- Serve with crackers.