Dinner doesn’t get much easier than tossing all of the ingredients together and roasting on a pan … unless you just order takeout. But there’s no need for carryout when you can simply whip up this homemade “stir-fry” on a sheet pan. It’s loaded with plant-based goodness. It’s delicious. And clean-up is a breeze!
Sprouted Tofu Sheet-Pan Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 pound organic sprouted super-firm tofu
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup naturally-brewed, reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter (with no added sugar)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (or non-starchy veggie of choice!)
- 2 medium red or orange bell peppers, cubed
- 1 small or 1/2 large red onion, cubed
- 1/2 small red hot chili pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Pat or squeeze the tofu of excess liquid, if necessary. Cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, tamari, peanut butter, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Add the tofu, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, and chili pepper and toss until well coated.
- Transfer to a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the tofu and vegetables are browned and vegetables are cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve. Enjoy as is or pair with steamed brown rice or other whole grain. Serve with additional tamari on the side.