Holiday cookie exchange – you'll have no more worries with this amazing recipe for the classic German Christmas cookies without the eggs and butter. These cookies make the perfect canvas for you to paint a culinary masterpiece on. They are so good, so easy, and so fun!!
Spritz Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flax with the hot water and the mixture let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar on high speed until they are light and fluffy. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the salt
- Add the flax egg to the creamed mixture and be sure to stop and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl for an even mix.
- Slowly drizzle in the almond milk and mix the dough until everything is combined.
- Add the sifted flour all at once and mix it on a low speed until it's combined.
- Pipe the dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake them for about 12 - 17 minutes at 350°F or until the cookies are lightly browned on the edges.
- Cool them completely and fill them with jams, vegan chocolates, vegan ganaches, vegan buttercream, or your choice of fillings and adorn them with nuts, sprinkles of your choice.