This is without a doubt a healthy pizza dream. Its light, crispy crust will allow you to 'indulge' and eat the entire thing all in one sitting without feeling overly full. Plus, it's slathered with creamy pesto, roasted vegetables, and anything else your heart desires. It makes for a quickie of a meal that takes all of 15 minutes.
Spring Pesto Socca Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 almond meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus 1 extra saved for the dough
- Sea salt
For the Toppings:
- Arugula pesto
- Roasted vegetables of your choice
- Radish slices
- Hemp seeds (optional)
- Any greens and fresh dill
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the pizza crust together and form a ball and mix for about 3 minutes. It's important that you mix the dough very well. It should start to resemble Silly Putty in texture.
- Mix for the full 3 minutes. Pop into the refrigerator to set for 10 minutes. Then on a clean surface, using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a circle (dough should be about 1/4-inch thick). Rub the top of the dough with the extra tablespoon of olive oil.
- Now place it into the oven to bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the sides are crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with anything you'd like.