Who says great cheese can't be plant-based? This creamy, dreamy spreadable cheese is made from raw cashews and hemp seeds and flavored with fresh herbs and a touch of lemon juice. It's a perfect spread for crackers, sandwiches, bagels, or a dip for veggies.
Spreadable Herb Cashew-Hemp Cheese [Vegan]
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hours
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Add the cashews, hemp seeds, water and miso to a blender (ideally a high-speed blender) and process until very smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a piece of cheesecloth.
- Let ferment for at least 10 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecloth and mix in the lemon juice, salt, chives and parsley.
- Transfer to desired container and refrigerate for 12 hours, covered.