Spiralized veggies are wonderful for when you want something tasty and easy to make. Plus, they look so pretty! In this vegetable noodle salad, zucchini, carrots, and cucumbers are ribboned and topped with a dollop of lentils and a zesty tomato tahini dressing. Top this dish with pumpkin seeds for an added crunch!
Spicy Tahini Tomato Spiralized Zucchini Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Tahini Tomato Spiralized Zucchini Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 14-ounce can brown lentils
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 of 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- A large handful pumpkin seeds
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 3 dried apricots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small piece of root ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Spicy Tahini Tomato Spiralized Zucchini Salad [Vegan]
To Make the Dressing:
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, tomato puree, tomato paste, apricots, garlic, ginger, paprika, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth, then set it aside.
To Make the Salad:
- Next, spiralize the zucchini, carrot, and cucumber, and add them into a large salad bowl. Then chop the red pepper, drain the lentils, and take a handful of pumpkin seeds and also add them into to the salad bowl. Carefully mix everything together with your hands.
- Divide the salad into four, and top each with a scoop of the dressing. Or, you can spoon the dressing into the salad bowl and mix everything together that way. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.