This spicy pumpkin chili is simply dreamy! It has so many complementary flavors and has just the right amount of kick! You will fall in love.
Spicy Pumpkin Chili [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Pumpkin Chili [Vegan]
- 1 large can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 butternut squash, outside skin removed and diced (or buy frozen pre-cut 2-3 cups)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 3 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 cup corn (we used frozen)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- coconut oil for sauteing
- 2 dashes salt and pepper
How to Prepare Spicy Pumpkin Chili [Vegan]
- In a large soup pot add: tomatoes, water, all seasonings, garlic, corn and beans.
- Peel & cut squash (if not already), add to a frying pan on medium heat. Saute with coconut oil for 5 minutes then add chopped onion and celery. Cook together for 3-5 more minutes.
- Next add contents of the frying pan to the soup pot, bring everything to a boil for 10 minutes. You may need to add a little more water (we didn't have to though).
- Turn stove down to low, cover and continue to cook for 1 hour (cook for longer if you wish)
- Adjust seasonings to your liking before serving.
- Kick it up by adding hot sauce at the end.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.