Sweet and spicy flavors come together for a delicious and comforting autumn side dish.
Spicy Maple Roasted Acorn Squash [Vegan]
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice squash into wedges.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, vinegar, maple syrup, and spices.
- Coat squash wedges with spice mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and roast another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Place in serving dish and top with pomegranate arils.