Need a healthy snack that's a little spicy, a little sweet, and wonderfully savory? Whip up these spicy golden turmeric cashews! Cashews are tossed with curry powder, turmeric, coconut sugar, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, then baked until crunchy. Not only is this recipe simple, but it also uses ingredients that are pantry staples. So grab yourself a bowl, a few easy pantry ingredients, and bake yourself a batch of these lovely crunchy cashews this weekend.
Spicy Golden Turmeric Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Golden Turmeric Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups cashews (soaked 2 hours)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Prepare Spicy Golden Turmeric Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours in cold water, then rinse and drain well. If you don’t have time for this, you can soak them for 5-10 minutes in hot water.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl well until all spices are completely soaked up and attached to the nuts, with no leftover spice in the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread the nuts out on a single lined dehydrator sheet then dehydrate for 10-12 hours at 105°F or until completely dry and super crunchy. Remove and let cool.
- Spread the nuts on a single baking tray and bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes or until super crunchy and dry, turning halfway through so they don’t burn. Leave to cool.
- Once completely cool, store in a tightly sealed glass jar in the cupboard for up to a few months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.