Need a healthy snack that's a little spicy, a little sweet, and wonderfully savory? Whip up these spicy golden turmeric cashews! Cashews are tossed with curry powder, turmeric, coconut sugar, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, then baked until crunchy. Not only is this recipe simple, it uses ingredients that are pantry staples. So grab yourself a bowl, a few easy pantry ingredients and bake yourself a batch of these lovely crunchy cashews this weekend.
Spicy Golden Turmeric Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups cashews (soaked 2 hours)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours in cold water, then rinse and drain well. If you don’t have time for this, you can soak them for 5-10 minutes in hot water.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl well until all spices are completely soaked up and attached to the nuts, with no leftover spice in the bottom of the bowl.
- Spread the nuts out on a single lined dehydrator sheet then dehydrate for 10-12 hours at 105°F or until completely dry and super crunchy. Remove and let cool.
- Spread the nuts on a single baking tray and bake at 300°F for 20-25 minutes or until super crunchy and dry, turning half way through so they don’t burn. Leave to cool.
- Once completely cool, store in a tightly sealed glass jar in the cupboard for up to a few months.