Spicy sweets to enjoy in the morning with a cup of tea, or as a snack. Tasty, healthy and soft soft. Delicious little cakes!
Spicy Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup of plant-based milk, unflavored
- 1/3 cup of corn oil
- 1 royal gala small apple (or other apple of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of rice starch
- 2 teaspoons of crunchy sweet date tahini
- 1 teaspoon of pink berries in grains (pink pepper)
- 1/4 bourbon vanilla powder
- 1/2 sachet of cream of tartar
- less than 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 pinch of whole sea salt
- rice flour to taste
- Powder the pink berries in a mixer or using a mortar. Sieve the flours, carob powder and rice starch, then add them to the other dry ingredients: sugar, bourbon vanilla, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda (previously mixed and reduced to a very fine powder) and pink berry powder.
- In another bowl, work with a whisk the rice milk at room temperature, the oil and the date cream. Peel the apple and cut it into very small cubes, then flour it in the rice flour (eliminating the excess). Add the liquid ingredients to the bowls and mix with a wooden spoon to mix well. Finally add the apple cubes. The flours do not absorb all in the same way. You will have to get a very soft and sticky dough, so if it should be necessary, add more vegan milk to the right consistency.
- Oil a muffin tin with a silicone brush, and fill them with the mixture just below the edge. Bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven until the surface is golden brown (always do the toothpick test and check from time to time ). Then let them cool on a wire rack, then dusted with coconut flour. In a sealed airtight container and in a cool place, they are kept for 2 or 3 days (unless you finish them first).