Everybody loves cauliflower ‘wings’ but this spicy cauliflower in bowl takes the concept to a whole new level of deliciousness. The hearty quinoa base is topped with fiery cauliflower, sautéd kale, and cream avocado to make a meal that’s got all the flavors you crave and the nutrients you need.
Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup vegan hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup kale, steamed or sautéed
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 avocado, diced
- Parsley, to garnish
How to Prepare Spicy Cauliflower Power Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Chop one head of cauliflower into florets and drizzle them with one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread evenly over a baking sheet and roast it for 30 minutes, tossing it once or twice throughout.
- In the meantime, cook your quinoa.
- Boil 2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry quinoa, then turn down to a simmer and cover.
- Cook it for 15-20 minutes, or until all the water is gone and the quinoa is fluffy. You can also steam or sauté your kale a this time.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the hot sauce, sriracha, butter, and coconut milk over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted and the sauce is hot, turn off the heat and set the sauce aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in diced yellow onion. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add in roasted cauliflower and top with the spicy sauce. Mix to coat all the cauliflower and onion in the sauce.
- Assemble your bowl and garnish it with parsley.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.