This Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream recipe is so amazing! There are about a million reasons to love whipped cream. It’s divine on pies, puddings, cakes, and your favorite desserts and hot drinks. Imagine, soon you’ll be sitting by the fire sipping decadent hot cocoa with a big fluffy dollop of spiced whipped coconut cream on top. Or the next time you make a pumpkin pie or a chocolate torte, break out the ice cream scoop and place a perfect scoop of whipped cream on each slice. It will be stunning and oh so delicious. The addition of spices to the whipped coconut cream makes it taste like Christmas and the holidays, but if you’d like a more traditional version of whipped coconut cream simply leave out the spices. Either way, you’ll be on fluffy white cloud 9.
Spiced Whipped Coconut Cream [Vegan]
- 1 - 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/32 teaspoon (a tiny pinch) cloves, ground
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator the night before or for at least 6 hours.
- 1 hour before making the whipped coconut cream, place a large mixing bowl into the freezer to chill.
- Open the can of chilled coconut milk upside down and pour off the thin coconut water (save for smoothies!).
- Add the remaining thick coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl, along with the sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly increase the speed to high. Whip the coconut cream until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Store the whipped coconut cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (*Note – the whipped coconut cream becomes firm when chilled but softens at room temperature. You can make it up to a week ahead.)