Is there anything better than filling your kitchen with the fragrance of warming spices and sweet pumpkin? We don't think so and we also think that these spiced pumpkin muffins are a fantastic option for fall baking and breakfast-on-the-go. Plus, they're gluten-free!
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray your muffin pan with coconut oil. Set that aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, milk, vanilla, and vinegar.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Once the two are completely combined and a batter has formed, add the pumpkin purée. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into your muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Freeze for up to 1 month or store in an airtight container.